We developed a bunch of great new functionalities
Elsewhere comes with some great and very functional features. Here we will cover only some of them but we’ll try to display them all across the entire demo. So, here’s the list of some features we are specially proud of.
Google Fonts integration
Elsewhere comes with integrated Google fonts so you can easily control every segment of the design such as font family or type but also line height, spacing, size etc. This is especially useful if you already have your brand visually defined and positioned and need to use some other fonts.
Full Animated GIF support
We defined this as a standard for our previous WordPress Theme DAZE and every our theme will most certainly always have full GIF support. This means that f you want Animated GIF as featured image all you have to do is upload it and it will work. You want it in slider? No problem. In the middle of the post or a page like this one below? No worries. GIFS will work everywhere.
Short-codes are accessible directly from Editor
Elsewhere comes with 5 useful and easy to use short-codes. And, when we say “easy to use” we mean all you have to do is click on a button in Editor that says “Shortcodes” choose the wanted one, click few more times to define given settings and that’s it! No more confusing html code and working in textual mode of the editor. This is really user friendly. And when we say “user friendly”…. yeah, you get it 🙂 Let see what you’ll get.
Well, we called it “Download button” but you can put any text in it and any external URL to link to it and it will generate nice looking button with the discrete 3d effect. Like this one below. Actually, we’ll make more examples so you can get the idea. And, of course, you can use this shortcodes as much as you like per post or page.Visit Page
Share this post
This shortcode allows you to generate small sharing box with custom text that will call your visitors to action and remind them that it’s great to share content if they find if interesting or useful. All you have to do to make this sharing box is to enter custom text if you don’t like the default one. This shortcode is perfect for long posts so you can put it in the middle of your post. And, also, we have global option to have (or hide) sharing options on the very top of the post and at the end of it.
Connect through Social Networks
This shortcode has is called just “Social Profiles”. And similar to Share buttons shortcode it allows you to remind your visitors to check you out on social networks and connect with you or follow you. To gnerate the Connect box all you have to do is type a custom text if you don’t like the predefined one and magic will happen 😀
Have in mind that all of the social networks you have filled n the Social options section of the Elsewhere Customizer will be displayed in this shortcode (as well as in top bar and footer if you choose that locations).
Google map with adjustable height
With this shortcode you can easily generate map of a specific location by entering coordinates from Google Maps into Longitude / Latitude fields OR you can enter full address of wanted location. As we said in the title, height is completely adjustable in you can define it in pixels. Also, we left option for you to enter custom title for pin as well to upload your own pin. If not, the default one will be used.
Map with 150 px height:
Map with 300 px height:
Related posts (work only with posts)
- HUGE social networks support for even 42 most popular social networks!
- 5 dedicated widget areas you can use for AdSense and other ad services
- 10 custom Elsewhere Widgets
- Choose between rounded, squared or natural shape of featured images
- Have different image for list and single post (or even hide featured image on single post)
- Use Pop-out pages that can show on site load and re-appear at given period of time
- 4 different Special boxes you can use on Masonry blog layouts which can reappear at your blog page every X posts
- Add up to 5 different Image banner ads
- Remind visitors to check out your Social profiles through “Connect” special box
- Display Latest/Most Popular posts
- Show posts with most recent comments
- Full control over colors and 3d effects
- Global settings for post lists, archives and single post pages
- Retina ready logos for desktop and mobile devices
- Custom made featured areas for Video, Audio, Quote, Link and Image Post Formats
- Custom LogIn page
- Custom 404 page
- 100% translation ready theme